Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nita kuku mboka

It is hard to believe that only four short weeks ago I was in the same place - Kilimajaro International Airport.  The only difference is that then I was asking myself what I was doing in Africa all alone. I was also wondering if anyone would remember to pick me up!  Now I am wondering why on earth I am leaving 80 degree weather to go back to the middle of a Wisconsin winter.

Yesterday, Bree and I woke up early to greet the school children on the dirt road near our house. I had bubbles and stickers and candy I wanted to hand out to the kids.  The children were, for the most part, patient and willing to share. Despite the fact that they each only took two pieces of candy, all 200 pieces were gone in a matter of minutes. Word of the mzungu with pepe (sweets) spread quickly!

Ally and I spent the majority of the day getting his blog up and running for Good Hope Orphanage.  He has received some additional support ovee the past few weeks and is excited to share the construction progress with the donors. His blog is www.goodhopeorphanage.blogspot.com  I will add it to the list of links when I get home tomorrow.

I know I've said it before, but I want to thank everyone again for your blog comments, emails, and facebook posts.  You put countless smiles on my face while I was away.  I have a few more stories to share with all of you, but for my mother's sake I am waiting until she knows I am home safely to share them!  I hope you'll check back from time to time.  This is only the beginning.

For now,
Nita kuku mboka, Tanzania.    
I will miss you, Tanzania

4 comments:

  1. Sigh :) I can't wait to see you...hug you... and watch your face as you share all of your experiences! I love you, I'm proud of you, and I'm praying for your safe return :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Reba...
    I will be waiting to here about how you broke your first "nail". (inside joke a few years ago)
    I'm proud of ya Kiddo.

    Jay
    262.456.2262 O
    262.886.3529 H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the stories, updates, pictures and experiences.. I have already gone back and reread a few posts to remind me just how lucky we all are.... Can't wait to share a cup of coffee with you.
    xxoxoxooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. RebEkah thank you so much for this blog. I share it with so many people! IT IS WONDERFUL!
    DEBBI ASUNCION

    ReplyDelete